On assaults on the Authority, its agents and civil servants, and on resistance and disobedience
Assaulting an Authority Lawyers in Spain
On criminal offences against public order
Spanish Criminal Code | We specialize in Assaults on the Authority
At Palladino Pellón & Associates, our experienced and dedicated attorneys fight for the best possible outcome in your case. With over a combined 20 years of courtroom experience, we do everything we can to protect you and your future. We work hard and care deeply about achieving results for our clients.
We are well-regarded as one of the best criminal law firms in Spain, and we specialize in assault on the authority offences. Our experienced team of criminal lawyers can represent you in any Spanish court for your assault on the authority case. We can provide criminal law advice, assist you with a criminal appeal or provide representation and specialist advice for a criminal trial.
When you need assistance from an experienced attorney, contact Palladino Pellón Law Firm by calling +34 678 29 88 44 or by email to email@example.com and get help 24/7
We are present in key locations in Spain | We have law offices in Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia | We provide our services all over Spain, the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands.
...Assault shall be punished with a prison sentence of one to four years and a fine of three to six months if the attack is against an authority.... We are Assaulting an Authority Lawyers in Spain
Assaulting an Authority Lawyers in Spain | Corporate video of our Criminal Defense Lawyers in Spain
Spanish Criminal Law on assaults on the Authority, its agents and civil servants, and on resistance and disobedience
Organic Act 10/1995, dated 23rd November, on the Criminal Code | Article 550 to Article 554
1. Those who attack or, with serious intimidation or violence, offer serious resistance to the Authority, its agents or public servants, while they are performing the duties of their office, or on occasion of such duties, shall be convicted of assault.
Attacks against teachers and medical practitioners who are civil servants whilst performing the duties of their office, or on occasion of such duties, shall in all cases be considered assault.
2. Assault shall be punished with a prison sentence of one to four years and a fine of three to six months if the attack is against an authority, and in any other case with a prison sentence of six months to three years.
3. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Section, if the authority on which the attack was made is a member of the Government, the Cabinets of the Autonomous Regions, the Chamber of Deputies, the Senate or Legislative Assemblies of the Autonomous Regions, Local Authorities, the General Council of the Judiciary, a Magistrate of the Constitutional Court, a judge, magistrate or member of the Public Prosecution Service, a prison sentence of one to six years and a fine of six to twelve months shall be imposed.
Penalties of one degree higher to those respectively foreseen in the preceding Article shall be imposed if any of the following circumstances concurs in the assault:
1. If weapons or other dangerous objects are used;
2. If the act of violence committed potentially endangers the life of persons or may cause serious injury. In particular, the cases of throwing blunt objects or flammable liquids, fire and the use of explosives are included;
3. If the authority, agent or public officer is attacked using a motor vehicle;
4. If the deeds are carried out during a riot, protest or collective incident within a prison.
We specialize in criminal offences against public order | Assaulting an Authority Lawyers in Spain
Provocation, conspiracy and solicitation of any of the criminal offences foreseen in the preceding Articles shall be punished with the penalty lower by one or two degrees to that for the relevant criminal offence.
1. The deeds described in Articles 550 and 551 shall also be punished with the penalties outlined therein if they are committed against a member of the Armed Forces who, while in uniform, is providing a service legally entrusted to him.
2. The same penalties shall be imposed on those who, employing violence or intimidation, attack the persons who come to the aid of the authority, its agents or officers.
3. The penalties outlined in Articles 550 and 551 shall also be imposed upon those who attack, employ violence or seriously intimidate:
a) Firemen, healthcare personnel or emergency responders who are acting in the event of an accident, public disaster or emergency situation, with the purpose of preventing them from carrying out their duties of office;
b) Duly identified private security personnel, who are carrying out activities of private security in cooperation and under the command of the State Security Forces and Corps.