Article 351 to 358 bis of the Spanish Criminal Code
Arson Lawyers in Spain
On criminal offences of arson
Spanish Criminal Code | We specialize in fires
At Palladino Pellón & Associates, our experienced and dedicated attorneys fight for the best possible outcome in your case. With over a combined 30 years of courtroom experience, we do everything we can to protect you and your future. We work hard and care deeply about achieving results for our clients.
We are well-regarded as one of the best criminal law firms in Spain, and we specialize in arsons. Our experienced team of criminal lawyers can represent you in any Spanish court for your arson case. We can provide criminal law advice, assist you with a criminal appeal or provide representation and specialist advice for a criminal trial.
When you need assistance from an experienced attorney, contact Palladino Pellón Law Firm by calling +34 678 29 88 44 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and get help 24/7
...Those who cause a fire involving threat to the life or physical integrity of persons, shall be punished with a sentence of imprisonment from ten to twenty years... We are Arson Lawyers in Spain
Spanish Criminal Law on fires
Organic Act 10/1995, dated 23rd November, on the Criminal Code | Article 351 to 358 bis of the Spanish Criminal Code
On criminal offences of arson
Those who cause a fire involving threat to the life or physical integrity of persons, shall be punished with a sentence of imprisonment from ten to twenty years. The Judges or Courts of Law may impose the lower degree punishment in view of the lesser extent of the danger caused and the other circumstances of the fact.
When there is no danger to the life or physical integrity of persons, the deeds shall be punished as damages as foreseen in Article 266 of this Code.
On forest fires
Whoever sets woods or forests on fire shall be punished with imprisonment from one to five years and a fine of twelve to eighteen months. If this has endangered the life or physical integrity of persons, the deed shall be punished as set forth in Article 351, imposing the punishment of a fine from twelve to twenty- four months in all cases.
1. The deeds outlined in the preceding Article shall be punished with a prison sentence of three to six years and a fine of eighteen to twenty-four months if the fire is especially serious, according to whether any of the following circumstances concurs:
1. If it covers a considerably large area;
2. If it causes major or serious soil erosion effects;
3. If it significantly alters the conditions of animal or plant life or affect any protected natural space;
4. If the fire affects areas near to urban population centres or populated areas;
5. If the fire is caused at a time in which the weather or soil conditions significantly increase the risk of the fire spreading;
6. In all cases, if there is serious deterioration or destruction of the resources affected.
2. The same penalty shall also be imposed if the offender acts to obtain economic profit from the effects arising from the fire.
We specialize in fires | Arson Lawyers in Spain
1. Whoever sets woods or forests on fire without the fire there spreading, shall be punished with a sentence of imprisonment of six months to one year and a fine from six to twelve months.
2. The conduct foreseen in the preceding Section shall be exempt of punishment if the fire is not propagated by the proactive, voluntary action of the offender.
In all the cases foreseen in this Subchapter, the Judges or Courts of Law may order that zoning classification of the land in areas affected by a forest fire may not be changed for a term of up to thirty years. They may also order limitation or suppression of uses to which the areas affected by the fire have been put, as well as governmental confiscation of the burned wood from the fire.
On fires in non- forest areas
Whoever sets fire to planted areas in non-forest areas, seriously damaging the environment, shall be punished with a sentence of imprisonment of six months to two years and a fine from six to twenty four months.
On arson of own property
The arsonist of his own property shall be punished with a sentence of imprisonment of one to four years if fraud or damage to third parties is intended, if he has caused fraud or damage, if there is the hazard of propagation to a building, woods or plantations owned by others, or that may have seriously damaged the conditions of the wildlife, woods or natural environment.
Whoever, due to gross negligence, were to cause any of the criminal offences of arson punished under the preceding Articles, shall be punished with the lower degree punishment, of those respectively foreseen for each case.
Article 358 bis
The provisions of Articles 338 to 340 shall also be applied to the criminal offences regulated in this Chapter.